- Total number of Antennas: 3
- Number of Ports: 1 WAN port, 4 Gigabit LAN ports, USB 2.0 port
- Processor: Features Qualcomm Atheros QCA9563 750 MHzp
- Wi-Fi bands: Dual-band router (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi bands)
- Memory & Storage: 128 MB / 16 MB
- Networking range: 80 feet
Are you looking for an affordable router to fulfill your networking needs and compatible with Verizon fiOS? Well, the TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 is the ultimate choice for you.
This router is super affordable, equipped with advanced features and methodologies. Even though it is a budget product, it still delivers excellent performance, just like those expensive routers out there in the market.
Besides delivering excellent performance, it is equipped with a nice design, and it features four Gigabit LAN ports and a USB port. This router’s control and management system are very user-friendly, and it is easy to set up. So, if you want an affordable router for high-quality internet speed and networking, the TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 is the ultimate deal for you.
If you want to buy this router, this article is going to be very helpful for you. In this post, we are going to review the TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 to help you understand this device in a better way. So, let’s get started.
The TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 features a good quality design. The router is packed in a horizontally oriented box. The Archer A7 uses a similar design pattern to Archer C7, and it has a gloss-plastic exterior build that gives the router a premium look.
On the outer side of the router, you will get three adjustable external antennas, a tray of LED activity lights that stand for power, radio bands, internet connectivity, USB, WPS port, LAN ports, a reset button, a WPS button, a power button, etc. This router measures 1.3 x 9.6 x 6.4 inches as dimensions. The TP-Link company logo is added on the top of the router with an AC1750 badge on the right side at the front.
On the backside of this router, you will find four Gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, a USB 2.0 port, and a WPS On and Off switch.
This router has a compact design. Thus it can be placed anywhere in your house. You can quickly put it over your work table, bookshelf, or else you can mount it against your wall.
Now, let’s take a look at the hardware components of this router. On the inner side, this device is equipped with the Qualcomm QCA9563 750 MHz processor. This processor is further accompanied by a 16 MB flash memory with 128 MB of RAM.
As this router is equipped with a 750 MHz processor, it delivers an average speed of 450 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band.
However, this router does not support MU-MIMO technology or direct-to-client beamforming, and that’s a significant drawback.
At an affordable price, the TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 delivers an exceptional performance that suits its size and networking range. It uses several speed-boosting techniques such as IPTV streaming, advanced beamforming technology, etc.
So, while running the performance tests on the Wi-Fi bands of this router, our expert team came across exciting results. On the 2.4 GHz frequency test, the average network throughput was 92 Mbps. But this result dropped down to 51 Mbps when we increased the distance by about 30 feet. The second result is relatively slow as compared to other high-end routers. Now, let’s check out the 5 GHz test.
During the 5 GHz Wi-Fi test, the expert team noticed better performance. During a distance of 5 feet, the TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 delivered a speed of 535 Mbps. But when the length was increased, the networking throughput dropped to 341 Mbps.
These results are satisfactory if you plan to use this router for your home network or a small business.
When it comes to security, the TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 falls a little short. This is because this router does not offer you any anti-malware function to help your network stay virus-free. However, it comes with other necessities that are essential needs. For example, it includes a firewall and a DoS protection that can be adjusted around the three levels.
If you want to use this router for your family, then there is some good news for you. The Archer A7 offers basic parental controls with things like time limits and restricted devices.
Setup and Installation Guide
The best way to set up your TP-Link Archer A7 is through using a Web browser or the Tether App offered by the company (available for both iOS and Android devices). So, follow the steps below to set up your Archer A7.
Web-based Setup Guide
Here is what you need to do for web-based setup configuration:
- Step – 1: Open your browser and go to https://tplinkwifi.net.
- Step – 2: Now, click on the Quick setup option (it will automatically select DHCP).
- Step – 3: After that, you will be allowed to create SSID names and passwords for both of the bands of your router.
- Step – 4: After creating login credentials, you have to make sure that your router’s firmware is updated.
Mobile App Setup Guide
Here is what you need to do for mobile app setup configuration:
- Step – 1: Install the tether app on your mobile phone.
- Step – 2: Scan the QR code in the instruction booklet to get the needed software and start the application.
- Step – 3: Now connect your phone with the preset network and enter the router’s password.
- Step – 4: Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your router via mobile. This would take approximately five minutes.
- This router comes at an affordable price.
- You can easily install it without any hassle.
- It offers four Gigabit LAN ports.
- The close-range performance of this router is quite good.
- The middle-ranged performance of this router was average.
- The file transfer performance of this router is ordinary.
- It does not support MU-MIMO technology.
- It only features USB 2.0 ports. There are no USB 3.0 ports included.